Real-Time Lightning Data
How to center the lightning map:
For PC users: click the gear icon top left corner and select “I am here” and change map type to hybrid. Your location services must be enabled on your PC. Select the arrow to close this box. To zoom, select the “full window” top right corner. Can also drag the map with your mouse.
For Mobile users: drag your finger to move the map and pinch and zoom to adjust it over your area.
Interactive Weather Radar Map
Tap or click here for instructions on how to use the interactive weather map.
How to Use the Interactive Map
Search and save your location
- In the search bar above the map, input your city or ZIP code. It should appear automatically for you to select.
- After selecting your city, you’ll see a Save City button. Click it and set your browser to remember your location. (Web browser cookies must be enabled.)
- Save multiple cities and use the search bar or ellipses button (…) next to the temperature to switch to each one.
Zoom in to your neighborhood
- Use the + and − buttons in the upper-left corner of the map to zoom all the way down to your street.
- Click and drag the map, itself, to move the center up, down, left or right.
- Use your mouse’s middle scroll wheel to zoom in and out on the map.
- On mobile devices, pinch to zoom in and out, like you would on any website or map.
Select a product and loop it
After selecting which product you want, click the PLAY button below the map to view up to a 2 hour time lapse. You can also drag the slider along the time line. Click the NOW button to refresh and view the latest, up-to-the minute image.
- To the right of the play button and time stamp, click the + and − buttons to speed up or slow down the radar animation.
- To the right of that, use the Opacity Bar to make the radar image more or less transparent, to more easily view your street behind the storms.
Below the Play button, you can switch to view other data and details. (Pro Tip: Many products can be overlaid together such as radar, scits, and bulletins for example)
Choose from 10 different options
Radar data from the National Weather Service. Zoom out and drag the map around the country to view travel weather conditions.
See which way each storm cell is moving. Icons with arrows point the direction of each cell. Click the box on the arrow for additional information regarding the strength of the storm. This includes whether the storm contains hail, a mesocyclone, or a tornado vortex signature for example.
NWS Bulletins (Watches/Warnings/Advisories)
See active watches and warnings across the country. Click on a colored area to view the watch/warning/advisory, then click on the posted data to view the full statement.
Take a look at what computer models expect to occur up to two days ahead.
View infrared satellite around North America.
Displays a color overlay showing the current temperature range. Zoom out to compare temperatures around the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Instantly view current temperatures and conditions at weather centers around the world. Tap or hover over a temperature to see more stats, including wind speeds.
View different computer model projections of a tropical storm’s path.
View the hurricane hunters flight information regarding a tropical system.
See the path and strength of tropical storms as they develop into hurricanes.