The upcoming winter storm will be one that finally has something to write home about. The quick bullet points are below:
- Expect light freezing drizzle from the OKC metro N and W for Tuesday. Watch bridges and overpasses for slick spots as a result.
- Light snow moves into SW OK after midnight and expands into C OK around 4am Wednesday morning.
- The snow continues off and on throughout the day Wednesday and ends late evening.
- Amounts of snow will vary considerably but the highest amounts in the snow band will line up from near Lawton to Tulsa. On either side of this line expect amounts to taper off rather quickly.
- Highest amounts of snow will occur on the S side of OKC and Tulsa vs the N side of each city. Several inches in the S is possible. More specific totals will be available on Tuesday with new data.
- Ice accumulations will occur east side of this snow band covering a line roughly from Ardmore to Ft. Smith. There will also be ice in the DFW area, mostly on the W side of town.
As of now, this snow fall total map is a good estimate, but it will change Tuesday with some light massaging.
Ice (sleet and freezing rain) will occur in the following areas:
For those that missed my Facebook Lives on Sunday night or the two on Monday, can watch the recap of Monday night’s below: